Pages

Sister Suzie's Runner

Sunday, July 03, 2011 5 Comments »
My golfer sister had a birthday in May.  She asked for a summer table runner for her breakfast room table, in "modern fabrics".  My sister is an incredibly talented, wonderful woman, and a gifted athlete, but her knowledge of fabric is about as great as my knowledge of golf.  "Modern fabrics"?   What exactly did she mean?   Hmmmm.

This is what I came up with.  4-patches, set on point, with solid center squares. 


Many fabrics are from Sandi Henderson's Meadow Sweet line for Michael Miller.  Looks "modern" to me, and very summery.  I'm wishing those "eyes" didn't bunch together at the one end, though.  That's what I get for being in a hurry.   I'll just tell her it's my way of keeping an eye on her. 

I did most of it while we were using her beach house in North Carolina. The binding was completed yesterday -- just in the nick of time for a progressive dinner party with her golf buddies tonight.  I snuck (sneaked?) into her house when she wasn't home and put it on her table.  Wonder if she's noticed.....

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! I just love it, Pat. You sure know how to make/give just the perfect thing!

Sarah Jane said...

What a lovely runner and the colours are perfect. I'm sure your sister will be thrilled.

Maria said...

Looks really modern Pat! Those fabrics are just perfect!

Denise in PA said...

I love it and the border fabric sets off the squares perfectly! I love that you "snuck" it into her house - LOLOL!

Bobbi said...

Bee-you-tee-fool! Love it.

Bobbi, maybe a blog soon