Pages

Do You Etsy?

Sunday, June 03, 2012 4 Comments »
I like to support my LQS, but there are many times when I'm looking for something a little different or for a piece of fabric from an older line -- and now-a-days, "older" can mean a line that just came out a few months ago.  There are also times when I'm looking for a bargain. 

One of the best places I've found to start my search is on Etsy.  Of course there are wonderful hand-crafted items, but there are also oodles of patterns and fabrics, as well as notions for fabric-related crafts.  Need the little D-rings and swivel hooks to make purses, wristlets or key fobs?  How about snaps for children's clothing, or the special laminated cotton for diapers?  The soft elastic bands and flowers to make infant headbands, or ground walnut shells for pincushions.  Zippers in any color and any length?  Etsy's got it all, and more. 


Sophie Collection by Chez Moi for Moda - 1 yard - Overlay - Paisley Flower Multi Color PinkWhere I really find Etsy helpful is in searching for fabric. Usually it's that one more piece from a line that I need for a quilt, or maybe one more charm pack. This week I needed fabric to complete a mystery quilt that Marsha and I are doing from McCall's magazine. I fell in love with a line of fabric called Sophie, by Chez Moi for Moda. Of course it's their old line --a new line is coming out shortly -- so the standard sources only have one or two prints left from the line. Off to Etsy I went.

I found a great new store that had just what I needed.  The owner, Connie, is just getting started on Etsy, but she is certainly an old pro at being accommodating and in communicating.  Within less than a day she had created a special listing just for me to reflect the extra yardage I needed, and adjusted the shipping accordingly.  My fabric is on its way! 

Please check out her store to see if there is anything that strikes your fancy -- her prices are great.  Her Etsy store is Quilt Fabrics by Connie.   She tells me that she will be getting a bunch of new fabric by the end of the month, too!

How do you Etsy?

4 comments:

Pamela Kieffer said...

Hi Pat, your blog about Esty sent me there. I found a piece of fabric for pants that I have search for a long time. I had an old pair with similar fabric and I kinda grew out of them...backwards from size 20 to 14. I think I will do some more looking on Esty.

Diane H said...

Thanks, Pat. On my way to her shop now.

Denise in PA said...

I certainly do! And, I eBay too! eBay came to the rescue last month when I needed to find an old Flower Sugar print. I'm going to check out Connie's shop - thanks!

floribunda said...

you can also often find a particular older fabric by searching at www.quiltshops.com/search.htm -- their fabric locator has saved me many times!