Pages

(singing) Oh Happy Day!

Saturday, March 19, 2011 3 Comments »
We had a marvelous time at our semi-annual retreat last weekend, in Strasburg, PA (near Lancaster).  Every time I arrive, my heart is full with the joy of being with my quilting sisters again, and everytime I leave my heart is even more full with what we've shared.  Lest you think that this is some sort of religious experience, let me set you straight.  It is not.  We just have a great time, blow off a considerable amount of irreverent steam, and sew a lot.  Nancy describes it better than I ever could here

My big project for the weekend (other than fabric shopping) was working on The Surrender of Pat, a.k.a. the Civil War Tribute quilt with blocks named after various battles.  This time the quilt won, and I was reduced to a twisted mass of I-can't-do-anything-right.  Pardon my French, but the directions for those blocks suck like a Hoover.  I've since had a block intervention & am back on track.  More on that later.

Fortunately, I brought the quilt that was spawned  from the 9 patch project, and spent time hand-sewing the binding.   It will live on the sofa in my family room. 


I am calling the quilt "Just Say Nein", as a reminder that I really don't need to jump on every little project that sounds like a good idea at the time but will surely turn into something I never bargained for. 

Nancy also posted a picture of her cat, Bodacious, in something we have dubbed The Croissant Position (related to The Meatloaf Position).  It's part of Introductory Feline Yoga, and if done in tandem with another cat, qualifies a Synchonized Sleeping (thanks, Marsha!).  Here is my cat, Junior, demonstrating the Inverted Meatloaf and the Jack Knife positions.  These are from  his Advanced Feline Yoga class. 

 


3 comments:

OT Quilter said...

We drove through Strasburg today on our way to and from the Lancaster show. Such soothing landscape. I love what you did with the 9 patches, and I'm sure you will be on the winning side of your Civil War battle!

Sarah Jane said...

I'd love to go on a quilting retreat and feel I would learn so much. Maybe one day. What an inspired way to assemble a 9 patch quilt too.

Kimberly said...

Your retreat sounds simply amazing! Wish I could have joined you. Maybe one of these days, right? I LOVE the kitty yoga positions -- too funny! Pat, you have such a wonderful way with words!