Pages

Like a hole in the head...

Monday, June 14, 2010 3 Comments »
As in "I need this like I need a hole in the head".

I was lurking in the forrests of Quilt Hollow when the urge to charm along with the Between Friends Charming Quilt Along struck.  I don't know what possessed me to do it other than I just love those purdy lil' charm packs  -- that, and all of the heat & humidity here in the great Northeast has gone to my head.  I have virtually no self control when it comes to quilting.  You know, the infamous project-is-always-much-cooler-on-the-other-blogger's-website-syndrome?  Don't lie -- you KNOW what I'm talking about.

I need 2 charm packs, some background fabric, some backing, sashing and binding.   I'm only commiting to the charmers and the background right now:  Oz, by Sanae for Moda, and a random piece of unidentified cream swirly textural fabric I found in my stash.  I think the colors will be good for a nice Fall-ish mini quilt.  Because it's not going to be very big when it grows up, it will be manageable to quilt on my Bernie.

The cutting instructions are here

It's not too late to join in the fun.  We can trade holes in the head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun....you've joined the party too!!
OK...big mistake do not cut fabric with headache. Oh yes....things happen...terribly things. I cut my charms today...WRONG. SO it will all still work out...mine will just be a wee bit smaller.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I'm so excited that you're going to join us in the fun! And, what cute fabric - love OZ!! Looking forward to sewing along with ya!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh the Oz is going to be sooo cute!!!!