Pages

Anticipating #6

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3 Comments »
Daughter Kate and her husband Paul are expecting baby #2 at the end of the month.  She will be grandbaby #6.  As you can see, big sister Alma is already practicing to be a good helper when her little sister arrrives. 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've made a flannel quilt for each and every grandchild.  Here are Owen's and Maddie's. They are just two 1.5 yard pieces of good quality flannel, sandwiched with batting, then quilted on my Bernina.  Nothing fancy, but perfect for wrapping around the stroller or throwing on the floor as a soft play mat.  They wash beautifully and wear like iron.  Alma's quilt wasn't as fancy because Kate and Paul didnt want to know their baby's gender, but this time Kate knows she's carrying a girl and requested a ruffle!


I like the flannel from Valori Wells -- such a whimsical print, with nice strong colors.  Right now it's called Petunia's Fancy because I've been calling this no-name baby girl Petunia.  I just know she'll love it!

3 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oh so pretty! love those prints. Petunia - so cute. How does mom feel about that name? haha!

Bobbi said...

Love it! what a happy happy quilt, lucky baby.

Denise in PA said...

What a sweet quilt! And lovely photos of Alma - I love that she's "practicing"!