Catching Up

Saturday, March 17, 2012 3 Comments »
Well, now that I have my new computer, I realize why I was so frustrated editing pictures for posting on my old one.  My old CPU, easily 10 years old, had a whopping 8 meg of RAM, and a 500 meg hard drive -- it was virtually top-of-the-line when I bought it, but could no longer handle the demands I made of it.  The new machine is more middle-of-the-road, but has 8 GIG of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive.   Yowzer.

So now I will begin catching up. 

First in line is the 3rd Jelly Roll 1600 quilt that I did for Christmas.  I gave my neice and my nephew's fiance batik jelly roll quilts for Christmas.  By the time I realized that my step-nephew's fiance would be joining us for Christmas as well; I was only able to get the top done for hers.  I finally pieced the back & sent it off to my FLLQ (Friendly Local Longarm Quilter).  

And here it is!  It's made with a Bali Pop, plus some random batik scaps from my scrap bin, and is named Chablis and Merlot in honor of the Rebecca's love of wine.

I gave it to her today at the end of her bridal shower, and she loved it.  Now I need to get cracking on their wedding quilt.  I'm trying something different this time -- a kaliedescope quilt.  Thanks to Sue, at SuBee Sews for giving me the idea.  You need to check out some of the kaliedescope quilts she has made. 


Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely Jelly Roll quilt, wine jelly. Cheers!

Becky M said...

Amazing the difference a new computer makes isn't it? Sounds like you got a good one! Love the quilt. Any quilt named after wine must be good!

Denise in PA said...

Those batik strips really work well in this quilt - it's beautiful!