Pages

A flurry of activity

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4 Comments »
I saw a small-ish quilt on the cover of a magazine & decided I really wanted to make it.  It was a Christmas quilt without screaming CHRISTMAS -- more of a refreshing winter number.  It used Kate Spain's Flurry line of fabric.

The flimsy is off to the long-armer tomorrow in the hopes that I will be able to get it back and bound in time for December 25th.  Not sure at this point who will be getting it, but I'm leaning toward my lovely daughter-in-law.


I had a ton of scraps left over, so inspired by Mrs. Goodneedle's post, I got myself some Insul-Bright and hunkered down in the sewing room for a potholder fest.  Here are the first two.  They were gifted to a dear friend this weekend.  Another pair was given to someone at work today, and I've got seven more sets in the works. 


Nancy's addicted to making them too!  Who knows where all of this potting will lead?  Thanks, Mrs. G.!!

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Wow, came out great! Lucky lovely DiL!

Jittina said...

He is just gorgeous! (and his momma too)

Mrs.Pickles said...

great work! I love the colours!!

Deb said...

Do you have a pattern available for the pot holders, or know where I could get one? HOW CUTE!