Pages

Thundernation!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3 Comments »
The weather here in Eastern PA has been very strange all week -- heavy rain, no rain, big booming thunder, sunshine, humidity you could cut with a knife, and cool, pleasant breezes. 

We've got a real boomer going on outside right now, great flashes of lightening, and loud, growling thunder.  Maggie the Wonder Dog (heart of gold, brain of dust) is terrified of thunder.  I swear she can hear it when it's thundering in Maine.  Before she got arthritic, she used to jump into the bed with us and try to get under the covers.  Right now she is squeezed under the computer desk, wedged between my legs and attempting to burrow into my skin.  I gave up trying to sew because she sat on my feet (and the foot pedal) and stuck so close to my legs that she kept tripping me when I got up to iron.  Poor Maggie Mae.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh poor puppy!!! We didn't get any of that rain last night. I think summer has returned to south-central PA... UGH!!!!

Denise in PA said...

We didn't get it quite that bad out my way, but I know what you mean about this weather! Geeze! Poor Maggie! My Lilly isn't afraid of it but doesn't like it and just barks at it. I think she'd like to beat it up (you know those big, scary Pekingese - LOL!)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Bless her sweet heart, our Muffin used to be the same way. There was nothing we could do when storms hit but hold, and comfort, her until the thunderstorm had passed. Give her a big hug from me!